DON’T KNOW WHICH END OF THE RACQUET TO HOLD? DOESN’T MATTER.
Reasons you should attend this party/fundraiser/good time even if you don’t like tennis:
1. Because you already know the words: Everyone likes at least one Tom Petty song. Everyone likes at least one Johnny Cash song. Look, you already like 2 songs the band will play!
2. Because you drank that last cup of coffee: Ever gone for a run in Forest Park and been in desperate need of…facilities? Your donation helps keep DDTC open to the public and that means our restrooms are available for all you crazy joggers.
3. Because pandas and Picassos hog the spotlight: We’re not Zoo or the Art Museum who have long lists of really generous donors and who can host giant, fancy parties that make them tons of cash. Our lists are pretty short and this isn’t going to be a fancy party. But it’s going to be a great party with awesome music, most likely some terrible dancing, tasty food and cold drinks.
4. Because someday you’re going to be old. And you won’t get picked for any more dodge ball teams or pick-up basketball games. But do you know what will be fun? TENNIS. With racquet technology these days you can have the upper body strength of a kitten and still be able to hit a winner. So even if you don’t play now, someday you’ll need this game and a place to play. This is an investment in your future!
5. Because it will be a FUN PARTY in Forest Park: You'll like the music (see #1), the bar will serve adult beverages that make you think you're an excellent dancer, the food will be delish and by attending everyone will think you're super philanthropic and like you more.
FAQs About the Party
MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: What do I wear?
You can go Johnny Cash and dress country (boots, jeans, cowboy hat--or all in black like the man himself) or you can go Tom Petty, who wears pretty much whatever the heck he wants.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
21 and over.
What are my parking options ?
Parking is available on the street as well as at the "Twin Lots" located across from the Visitors Center.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You can bring your party pants/You can't bring alcohol. As we're selling it. To raise money.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email or call 314-361-0177.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please print your ticket and bring with you to the event.
What is the refund policy?
No Refunds or Exchanges.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes as long as they are 21+ and promise to do the worm on the dance floor.
How do I win the President's box tickets to the US Open in NYC?
Attend the auction at the end of the evening and bid on the tickets. Tickets are for the August 29th Day session, in the President's box. Airfare and hotel not included.
Dwight Davis Presents: Petty Cash Junction
A Fundraiser for Dwight Davis Tennis Center
This event has been rescheduled due to rain!
We will keep you updated on the new dates!